Living Waters Bible Camp Full-Time Summer Staff (serving June 6th to August 12th) play a vital role in what God is doing at camp. We offer a week and a half of Summer Staff training for every staff member to prepare them for service at camp. Throughout the summer, department leaders will offer advice and evaluation with the intent to help you grow in your service in God’s kingdom. Morning personal Bible study and nightly group studies will encourage you to grow in your faith and your relationships with other believers. All staff are given the opportunity to participate in an end of the summer training program called Omega Camp.
Our goal is to prepare you for service beyond camp. It will be time well spent! You will come away from this summer with quality training and life-changing experiences from serving in God’s Kingdom.
Our staff choose to come as volunteers or paid staff. Paid staff provide 20 – 30 names and addresses of friends and family. Living Waters will send a letter on your behalf asking them to consider supporting your salary for the summer. This allows us to pay Summer Staff as well as keep camp costs low. Please pray about it and contact the Executive Director for more details.
We encourage you to thoughtfully and prayerfully consider your calling this summer.
Staff Training starts on June 6, 2023.
The program concludes on August 12, 2023.
Serving on Summer Staff is certainly a mission-minded decision. Many of our volunteers donate their vacation time to be at camp. However, we understand that our Summer Staff may be in a different position in life. Earning money for school is important. We want to partner with you in providing for your needs.
Our staff members are guaranteed a minimum weekly support based on position and number of years of service. We ask each staff member to supply a list of friends and family that we will send a letter to explaining your role at camp. The gifts those people send to camp further the camp’s mission and allow the camp to pay your salary.
Salaries start at $210 per week and can go as high as $375 per week depending on years of service.
To find out more, please read the Summer Staff Handbook.
All Summer Staff are expected to meet the following qualifications.
- A born-again believer in Jesus Christ.
- A life characterized by a testimony honoring to the Lord.
- A sincere love for the Lord and a desire to see campers come to know and grow in the Lord.
- Agrees with Living Waters Bible Camp purpose, philosophy, and statement of faith and policies.
- Is willing to serve in the outdoors and enjoys a creation-focused ministry.
- Is flexible and able to work with other staff members.
- Conducts oneself to reflect favorably upon the Lord and Living Waters Bible Camp.
- Responsible to joyfully carry out the instructions of their supervisor and to look to the Lord for daily strength.
- Ability to use and teach Biblical principles as they apply to daily camp and home-life situations.
- Ability to accept responsibility and to submit to authority.
- A very sound and healthy body, capable of a hard summer’s work
Roles of summer staff include:
Office: Summer Secretary, Registration, Customer Service, Videography, Photography, Marketing.
Guest Services: Hosting, Schedule Management.
Program Staff: Facilitating Nature Programs, Team Building, Adventure Programs.
Kitchen: Cooking, Food Prep, Volunteer Management, Ordering, Cleaning.
Maintenance: Building Maintenance, Facilities, and Equipment, Housekeeping, Groundskeeping.